Senior Yoga Pros Presents:
Chair Yoga for Seniors and the Health Challenged
Next Event: February 15-18, 2018 in Scottsdale, AZ. 35 Yoga Alliance CEUs
Experience the joys and benefits of working with seniors and the health-challenged.
- Do you want to make a difference in the lives of seniors and those that are health-challenged?
- Are you teaching chair yoga and want to expand what you are offering your students?
- Are you worried you are going to hurt someone with osteoporosis, hip replacements and shoulder problems?
- Do you want to make your classes more fun and interesting?
- Do you want to attract more students to your classes?
- Would you like to know how to use inexpensive props with seniors?
- Would you like coaching by two experienced teachers?
Don’t be caught unprepared- Get the knowledge, training and skills you need to
best serve these clients.
- Extensive educational materials
- Age Without Limits – Over 200 Chair and Standing Yoga Poses for Seniors and the Health-Challenged, a 393-page book with >700 pictures and step-by-step instructions.
- 100-page instructional manual on how to teach seniors — download from Internet
- Better Balance for Daily Living video of a 93-year-old woman doing yoga in her home.
- Learning how to observe, assess older adults/health-challenged and address their specific needs
- Observe residents of an independent and assisted living center.
- See and talk to seniors from 60 to 90 doing an advanced chair yoga class.
- Plan a sequence of poses that will be good for the people you observe.
- Learning how to properly teach poses to those with age and/or health challenges
- Sitting in a chair
- Standing by a chair
- Hands on the chair seat
- Wall poses
- Pose modifications
- Unique use of props
Why specialize in teaching the 50+/challenged crowd?
- There is a tremendous demand for chair and standing yoga that does not require getting up and down from the floor.
- 76.4 million boomers want to stay fit, stay healthy and enjoy their retirement.
- One in seven people in the USA is 65 and older
- The median income for this age group is increasing more rapidly than any other age groups. (US census 2015).
- One in three people doing yoga are over fifty and they need instructors who know how to teach them.
- This age group attends on a regular basis keeping your classes full.
Training open to:
- Yoga teachers
- Healthcare professionals
- Body workers
- Older adults
Our Educators –Amy Kraft, E-RYT 500 and Janet Rae Humphrey, C-IAYT, E-RYT 200:
- Over 5,000 hours of training in functional anatomy, biomechanics and therapeutics
- Combined 50-years teaching experience with students up to 100-years old
- 20-years experience in medical research and clinical care including neuromuscular diseases
Register early so you have plenty of time to read your fabulous resource materials:
$795 including lunches and materials
For your place at the next (Feb. 15-18, 2018) session Register and pay here.
Questions: Pros@SeniorYogaPros.com or Phone:
Amy: 406 546-6922
Janet: 480 656-0791