- This event has passed.
Senior Yoga Pros- Chair Yoga
February 15 - February 18
$745 until 1/31/18
Senior Yoga Pros
Chair Yoga for Seniors and the Health Challenged
35 Yoga Alliance CEU’s
- Chair yoga can make a difference in the lives of seniors and those that are health-challenged!
- Expand Your Chair Yoga offering to more students!
- Safely teach those with with osteoporosis, hip replacements and shoulder problems!
- Make your classes more fun and interesting!
- Attract more students to your classes!
- Learn how to properly use inexpensive props with seniors!
- Be coaching by two expert teachers!
Register early so you have plenty of time to read your fabulous resource materials:
Cost: $795 including lunches and materials
Your training includes:
- Extensive educational materials are included in your tuition
- Age Without Limits – Over 200 Chair and Standing Yoga Poses for Seniors and the Health-Challenged, a 393-page book with >700 pictures and step-by-step instructions.
- 100-page instructional manual on how to teach seniors — download from Internet
- Better Balance for Daily Living video of a 93-year-old woman doing yoga in her home.
- Coaching: how to observe, assess older adults
- Observe residents of an independent and assisted living center.
- See and talk to seniors from 60 to 90 doing an advanced chair yoga class.
- Plan a sequence of poses that will be good for the people you observe.
- Coaching: how to teach poses
- Sitting in a chair
- Standing by a chair
- Hands on the chair seat
- Wall poses
- Pose modifications
- Unique use of props
Why Train to Teach Seniors and the Health Challenged?
- There is a tremendous demand for chair and standing yoga that does not require seniors to get up and down from the floor.
- 76.4 million boomers want to stay fit, stay healthy and enjoy their retirement.
- One in seven people in the USA is 65 and older
- The median income for this age group is increasing more rapidly than any other age groups. (US census 2015).
- One in three people doing yoga are over fifty and they need instructors who know how to teach them.
- This age group attends on a regular basis keeping your classes full.
Training open to:
- Yoga teachers
- Healthcare professionals
- Body workers
- Older adults
Educators – Amy Kraft, E-RYT 500 and Janet Rae Humphrey, C-IAYT, E-RYT 200
- Over 5,000 hours of training in functional anatomy, biomechanics and therapeutics
- Combined 50-years teaching experience with students up to 100-years old
- 20-years experience in medical research and clinical care including neuromuscular diseases
For your place at the next (Feb. 15-18, 2018) session Register and pay here.
Janet: 480 656-0791
Amy: 406 546-6922